Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's Go for a Run

Since I moved to Sutton, I have been trying to get in a habit of walking everyday for thirty minutes.  This may not sound like much to some, but after ten plus years of never doing anything at all this sounded like a lot to me.  So far, I have been doing really well.  In fact, I have even started jogging a little!  Woot woot!

To encourage myself, I of course bought a few new "workout" outfits and some new shoes.  Jentry must have been taking notice, because last night she asked if she could go for a run with me.  I was quite skeptical at first.  I wasn't sure that she would be able to keep up with me and if she did it would not be for long.  However, I didn't want to discourage her from exercising and, as she very loudly pointed out, she already had her "runner shoes" on her feet.  So...I said, "Sure, why not!"  She asked how long it would take and I replied, "As long as you can keep up with mommy."  She then suggested, "Maybe we should bring a snack?"  Oh, is she not her mother's daughter?  A run with food?  Sounds like my kind of exercise!

Once I had my "runner shoes" on too, out the front door we went.  Here goes nothing.  I explained that we would just speed walk for a bit to warm up our muscles.  Jentry started pumping her arms really big and my skepticism immediately turned into a huge smile.  It was so cute to watch her imitate me to a T.  We had a lot of fun exploring the town and she ran/walked much farther than I thought she would.  I am so thankful that I have my little Jentry Bug to surprise me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment