Tuesday, August 7, 2012

This IS My First Rodeo

Friday evening Nathan, Jentry and I traveled all the way from Sutton, Nebraska to Pillipsburg, Kansas to see Kansas' Biggest Rodeo!  We met up with Papa, Chad, Kelly and Isaac in Orleans and then we headed south.  Grandma was kind enough to stay home with Anna.  She said they just had the best time, however she didn't think it would work to sneak off without her next year.  This was Isaac, Jentry AND Nathan's first ever rodeo and boy did they have hootin' good time!


 Papa explaining that the cowboys were not falling off their horses they were jumping off to catch the steers.
  Very amazed and soaking it all in!

Moe and Curly Kelly and Chad

Nathan and JJ

Sugar, yes more sugar!  I tried some but is was not nearly as good as I remember.
 Papa being silly and Isaac making a creeper face.

 Jentry loved the dance after the show.  She wouldn't even let Papa dance with her mom without cutting in.  We couldn't keep the girl off the dance floor.  She definitely takes after her Papa!

Saturday was a little cooler and it felt great.  We helped the Hamilton's get settled in their new house in Orleans.  Then we all attended EhrkeFest in Stamford which really shocked Nathan.  He could not believe how many family members I had, or maybe he was just shocked by the size of Stamford?  I'm not entirely sure.  Sunday was warm again so the kiddos got to play with water in the back of Grandma's yard.




Ready, set, GO!

 Are bucket feet better than bucket heads?


Love, love time with family.  There is just nothing sweeter.  And now I get to see all of my family in one short trip!  A road trip to Orleans....Definitely not my first rodeo!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post, Jan. :-) We went to one night of the Furnas County Rodeo, and little 3-year old Elliana was the one who enjoyed it the most. She stood on Grandpa's lap the whole time, fixated on the show. When we left the fairgrounds late that night, she said, "Thanks for letting us see the cows and sheeps and horses!" And just the other day, she randomly announced, "Next time I want to ride a sheep." :-) I'm not so sure about that. I think we'll stick to spectating.... :-)

    ReplyDelete