Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kitchen Built-Ins Before and After

This is what the north wall in my kitchen looked like when Nathan and his friend Craig started destructing in March of 2011.  It was a scary day.  Had I known at that time how long it would take to fix it,  I might have passed out.

 

Finally after months and months of waiting, the wall looks like this! 


I had some ideas and Nathan, being a much better artist than I, helped me put my ideas together on paper.  Nathan's friend Blake made our vision come to life and handcrafted the shelves and this is the result.  The wall was useless and a waste of space, so we decided to make it functional.


I even added some lower hooks so that Jentry can hang up her own coat.

As you can see, we truly needed a place for all of our stuff!  No longer is my kitchen counter a place to pile hats, gloves, coats, bags, shoes, etc.  I absolutely love it!  It was (almost) worth the incredibly, long wait.


1 comment:

  1. Big improvement. Like most things in life, it's worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete