Thursday, August 16, 2012

Preschool

Today was a big day for this mama.  I took my baby girl to her first day of Preschool.  I really didn't know if I was going to be able to take her myself, as I have been tearing up every time someone has mentioned it this past week.  I even contemplated having Nathan take her so that I wouldn't completely fall apart in front of Jentry and everyone else at the school.  Somehow, I managed to put on my mom jeans this morning and tough it out. 

Jentry actually went to bed at a decent time last night, so she was raring to go early.  We shared a pop tart, some OJ and some laughs.  I was going to be one of those overachieving mothers and get up at 5:00 AM to make her an entire breakfast from scratch, but Jentry said, "No mom no.  I just want a pop tart." OK Jentry, whatever you want. :)

Next she went to put on her outfit that we spent an hour selecting yesterday and when the pants were half way on she said, " I don't want to wear this mom."   Ugh!  Thankfully, we were ahead of schedule so we had plenty of time to make another wardrobe choice.  Next we took a few pictures on the front porch.  A landscaping company is working on our yard this morning, so Jentry was a little embarrassed by everyone watching her, however I managed to get a few good pics. 




Next we got in the car and headed north, up the hill, to the big school.  Jentry's preschool is located in the elementary building so there were tons of other kids, moms, cars, buses and bikes to navigate through.  Never mind the fact that I had no idea where I was going. Luckily, Nathan had given me a little bit of direction or I would have ended up at the doors to the high school and I am totally not ready for that yet! 

I was doing fairly well until we were walking up the sidewalk and I started to tear up.  I was so worried that Jentry was going to see me cry, so I made her stand in front of the sign for a photo op and a brief minute to get a hold of myself.  Thankfully, Jentry was doing great and was still really excited.  If she had been scared or crying, I would have had no choice but to swoop her up and run for the car.  Ok, so maybe not but the thought would have definitely crossed my mind.


We found the BEEs room and Ms. Peterson showed Jentry where she could hang her jacket.  I was so proud of my little girl.  She gave me a hug and a kiss, and then another hug and a kiss and the one more hug and kiss and said, "Goodbye Mom."

I told myself that I could cry once I got back to the car, but instead I distracted myself by posting Jentry's pictures on FaceBook.  Thank goodness for modern technology or I would have had to reapply my mascara for the day. 

Nathan called to check on me and I told him that so far the first day of preschool has been a great success.  Now, if I can just remember to pick her up at 11:30 everyday?!?!

1 comment:

  1. You did good Mama! She will do fine and so will you... The beginning of her very exciting life!

    ReplyDelete