Monday, February 6, 2012

Sesame Street Sunday

I can not remember the last time I was home with Jentry for an entire weekend.  Between the holidays, two jet setting trips to Las Vegas in January and the ol' Highway 6 to Sutton, I simply have not been home much at all in the last, well like I said, I can't remember.

My first trip to Las Vegas was work related, but I turned right around and flew back the following weekend for fun.  Nathan's friend Matt was turning 30 and his wife planned a surprise trip to Las Vegas complete with matching t-shirts for everyone to wear.  The gang consisted of 31 friends and family and boy did we have fun!  The surprise was a complete success.  It was also great mini vaca for Nathan and me.  I put three dollars into a slot machine and when my credits totaled six dollars, I decided to cashed out.  My logic was that I had doubled my money.  Nathan laughed at me, but he certainly could not say the same.

We even got to stop at the famous Welcome to Las Vegas sign on our bus ride from the airport.


Here is one with the birthday boy and his buddies. What a crew!

Our wonderful weekend at home began Friday evening in the rain.  Jentry was so excited to finally be able to use her new umbrella from Santa.


Catching rain drops on her tongue.



Saturday morning we got down and dirty with laundry.  Jentry played in her new cage while I sorted through her entire closet.  Boy do I miss the days when my body fit completely under a laundry basket. 



On Monday, January 30th, the temperature in Lincoln was 70 degrees.  As you saw above, Friday was rainy with a high of around 45 degrees.  By Saturday afternoon, there was so much snow we were eating our way out.


And taking part in a little lot of shoveling!  Jentry took one turn and said, "It's too heavy!" 

She took care of the "castle" instead. 
All day Saturday, Jentry kept looking out the window and reminding me that, "It is STILL snowing, mom."  To which I would ask,  "Is it ever going to stop?"  Jentry's response, "That naughty God!"  By Saturday night, Lincoln had received around a foot of snow. 

Jentry and I did venture out of the house to eat supper at the Hamiltons Saturday night.  I think they were going equally as crazy.  The kids had fun playing together and I had fun conversing with other adults.  I even got a chance to try Chad's venison pot roast.  Not too shabby, I must say.

Sunday the sun came out and the snow started to melt from trees.  Jentry requested pancakes and sausage for breakfast which sounded great to me.  When I put the plate in front of her she would not touch a single piece.  I encouraged, then warned, then threaten, and finally we left for church.  No breakfast for Jentry, which meant no snacks at church either.  Much to my surprise she was a perfect angel.  She was the best I have ever seen her in church.  She usually plays with her toys, but this Sunday she just quietly sat next to me the entire time.

After lunch, we went to Sesame Street Live with Isaac and Aunt Kelly.  The kids had so much fun being silly.

Silly poses...

Silly face #1...

Silly face #2

Silly face #3

Silly, Sesame swingin' in their seats..

Chad was happy to stay home with Anna.  He was slightly concerned about Sesame Street Live interfering with the Super Bowl, but we were home just in time for the game.  The Hamiltons were going to a friend's house for a Super Bowl party and Jentry wanted to go along, until I explained that they were going to watch football all evening.  She decided she would rather stay home.  She is really more of a Sesame Street Sunday versus Supper Bowl Sunday kinda girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment