Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Toys in Las Vegas

Last week I traveled to Las Vegas to attend US Bank's annual Financial Institutions - Banking conference.  Jentry was extremely upset to find out that I was going to fly on an airplane without her.  She desperately wants to go to an airport and ride on an airplane.  I have promised her that someday I will take her with me.  I tried to convince her that she really didn't want to go to Las Vegas. 

Me: Mommy will be working the entire time and it would not be any fun for you. 
Jentry: Will there be any other people there?
Me: Yes, other people that work with me.
Jentry: Will there be any little people there?
Me: No, Las Vegas is really more for adults.
Jentry: Because there aren't any toys there?
Me: Well, there are toys...adult toys, I guess.  Not for little people.
Jentry: Why doesn't Nathan have any toys at his house?
Me: Because he doesn't have any children.
Jentry: Is Nathan a dad?
Me: No, you have to have kids to be a dad and Nathan doesn't have any kids yet.
Jentry: Well, what has he been doing?
Me: I don't know Jentry, I just don't know.

I usually try to honestly answer all of Jentry's questions, but sometimes I just have to give it up and laugh.

Jentry has decided that Disney World would be a better selection for a vacation destination than Las Vegas.   She has informed me that she is ready to go and will pay for her own ticket with the funds in her piggy bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment