Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Card Photo Shoot

I talked Jentry into having a Christmas card photo shoot the other night.  I told her she needed to dress up in a cute red or green outfit and smile really pretty for me.  I tried to make it sound like a really fun game and even bribed her with orange candy.  (Oh the things a mother will do.)

With a little influencing, Jentry chose a beautiful red sweater, denim skirt, cream tights, brown boots and a navy headband.  She looked adorable and was very excited, which made me certain that I would be able to get a good shot. 

First attempt was by the fireplace.  Not enough light and dirty kitchen in the back.


Next we headed to the bright white background from the shower curtain.  She was really getting into posing!


I laughed...she laughed...we had to move and refocus.


In front of the beautiful Christmas tree.....perfect, right?  Not enough light again and scary, cheesy smile.


Starting to get a little bored at this point.


Pretty much tired of smiling and listing to her perfectionist mother now.


Huge door...tiny girl.


Good smile but devil child eyes....yikes!


Not bad but made the mistake of giving her the orange candy too soon.  Looks like she is holding a carrot.


Last half-smile I could coax out of her.


Forget you mom this is not fun at all.  I am eating my candy now, thanks.


After several assessments of the photo shoot pictures, I finally chose a picture I had snapped a month earlier.  Go figure.  I just hope Jentry isn't disappointed when she sees the Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment