Monday, December 12, 2011

The Muppets Movie

This past weekend I had the wonderful idea to take Jentry and Isaac to the big movie theater.  In my mind, I envisioned this movie date as a memorable childhood experience that Jentry and Isaac would cherish forever.  I would allow them to purchase way too much popcorn and soda, and they would think I was the best mother/aunt that ever existed.  This was going to be wonderful!

I decided to take them to The Muppets movie at the East Park Theater at 4:30 in the afternoon.  This theater is located fairly close to my house so if attitudes started to spiral out of control, I could quickly abort the movie mission and be quickly back at our house.  The timing was best to allow the kiddos time to nap before the show.  Just for the record, Isaac napped; Jentry did not.

I can proudly say that the original Muppets Movie was before my time, but I do have fond memories of the The Muppets on Sesame Street.  Jentry was so excited to pick up Isaac and go to "The Muffins Movie."   Isaac was quick to correct her though.  He laughed and said," It is The Muppets, Jentry."  She then said, "Yeah, The Muffets."  (I could sit and listen to their adorable, hilarious conversations for hours.)

When we got to the movie theater, we purchased a large bucket of popcorn and a drink to share.  The kids were eager for the movie to start but were very well behaved.  They ate most of the popcorn before the movie started. 



By the end of the movie, Jentry was fairly restless and complaining that her tummy hurt. (Too much popcorn? No, couldn't be.  What kind of a mother would allow her child to eat too much popcorn?)  She asked me when the movie was going to be over about twenty times.   Isaac was still captured by the story but was slightly distracted his squirmy cousin sitting next to him.  Somehow we all made it to the credits and headed to the car.  I told them they could choose where we were going to eat supper.  I tried to convince them otherwise, but "Old McDonalds" won.....again.  FYI - The day, when Jentry chooses somewhere other than Mikey Dees to eat, can not come soon enough!

On the way home, just when I thought my movie selection was somewhat of a failure, I heard two little voices in the back seat say, "Mahna Mahna....do doo be-do-do...mahna mahna...do do-do do..."

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I took Hannah to the Muppets movie, all the while complaining about wanting to go to another movie. It wasn't cute. They grow up too fast :(

    ReplyDelete