Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mother's Day and Machinery at the McKenzie's

This Mother's Day Jentry and I were invited to Nathan's parents' (John & Jan McKenzie) house for supper.  They have a beautiful home just west of Sutton.  We had a wonderful time!  Jan, as always, went out her way to make us feel welcome.  She had purchased special plates, cups, straws, silverware, books and toys for Jentry.  Talk about one spoiled little girl!


Jentry got to meet Nathan's family including his cousin Andy and his wife Becky's two little ones.  Isaiah, who turned three in March and Claire, who turned one in April.  I think Jentry felt right at home, because Isaiah and Claire are so similar to her cousins Isaac and Anna.  I have to admit that even I struggle with the similarities. 



We all enjoyed a fabulous meal and after supper John let Jentry and Isaiah each have a turn driving the fork-lift.  Of course with Jentry's brainwashed love for machinery and all (thanks Papa Bose), she thought this was great fun.  I have to say she took her task of driving quite seriously.  She also became best friends with John and wouldn't let him out of her sight the rest of the day.






Nathan even let Jentry push the buttons and treat some beans.  She thought the GREEN beans were pretty cool.  Personally I think he has it pretty easy if even a two-year-old can do his job.  Ha!

To top it all off we also got to ride along for a couple holes of golf.  Even though I was not with my very special mother on Mother's Day, I certainly had a special day.


No comments:

Post a Comment