Thursday, June 16, 2011

Why Did God Make Mosquitoes?

Jentry and I had a ton of fun on our beautiful, long walk last night.  That is until the mosquitoes started eating us!  I swatted one away and said "Those darn mosquitoes!"  To this Jentry asked, "What's a skeeto?" 

Later that night, as I was putting her to bed, our conversation went a little something like this:

Jentry: The skeetoes won't get us inside will they?
Me: No, they live outside. We are safe in here.
Jentry: Are they in other people's houses?
Me: No, they are just outside.
Jentry: Why are they outside?
Me: I don't know honey, because God put them there.
Jentry: Why did he do that?
Me: I don't know. (but that is a good question!)
Jentry: God isn't going to come to our house is he?
Me: He is already here...he is everywhere...we just can't see him.
Jentry: I can't hear him.
Me: No, we can't hear him either ,but he is always with us.
Jentry: I like God, but I like Santa too!

After that statement, it seemed as if she had said it all.  Without another word she gave me a hug and a kiss goodnight.  It is amazing to me how deep a conversation about mosquitoes with a two-year-old can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment