Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Girls Day at the Salon

Last week I made my first attempt at bringing a two-year-old along to the salon, while I had my hair cut and colored!  (For all of you that do not know, a cut and color can take up to two and a half hours and I can hardly sit still for that long!)  My good friend Diane owns her own salon and has been cutting my hair for several years.  I called to see if she could fit me in on a Wednesday night, when Jentry would be with her dad, and unfortunately it did not work with her schedule.  She then suggested that I just bring Jentry along.  I immediately thought that this sounded like a horrible idea, but she convinced me that it would be just fine.  I decided that if I brought her and she was ridiculous then at least Diane would never ask me to bring her again. 

On Tuesday, I was sure to pack several toys and snacks in Jentry’s bag and then stopped to pick up a kid’s meal from “Old McDonalds.”  I was hoping that this would keep her occupied for at least ten minutes.  Jentry was so excited to finally be able to come along and loved the salon.  She was a perfect little angel the entire time.  She ate her food without spilling anything, quietly played with her toys, took several trips to the potty and at one point an older lady in the waiting area (total stranger mind you) was reading her a children’s book about hair.  Too cute!  Jentry asked me if I was a princess, because I got to wear a cape.  However, she then quickly pointed out that I looked very silly with all that stuff in my hair. 

While my hair was cooking, Diane asked if she could trim up Jentry’s hair around the ears and some of the long straglers.  I have to admit I really did not want her to cut any of her hair, because she has so little to begin with but I eventually agreed.  My baby’s very first hair cut!   Jentry wanted to sit on Mommy’s lap not the booster seat and much to my surprise definitely did not want a princess cape.  She began to get a little nervous and finally cried “I don’t want paint in my hair!” I quickly explained that we were not going to put any “paint” in her hair.  She sat very still for the few little snips and thought it was pretty cool that we could both get our hair cut together.  All in all it was a very successful trip to the salon and I am looking forward to more salon dates with my special little girl in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment