Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jesus Rose From The Grave!

This year I attempted to teach Jentry the true meaning of Easter so that she did not simply associate the day with a big, and in my opinion scary, bunny.  After only a few teaching sessions of asking her "What is Easter?", Jentry would proudly tell anyone and everyone who asked "Jesus rose from the grave!"  I realize that she really has no understanding of what this truly means, but I guess it is a start. 

Sunday started with church service.  Jentry was very excited to wear her new Easter shoes but was not so thrilled about having to wear a dress with tights. 
We celebrated with lunch at the Hamilton's and Jentry had a blast playing with her cousins and hunting eggs.
A rare picture of me with Jentry! Thank you, Nathan.






Uncle Paul, Aunt Jaymie, Cousin Breanne and Granny Mary drove down from Burt County.

Aunt Jaymie even brought the fixings to dye eggs. 

Grandma Bose said that Issac was old enough, but Jentry was not quite able to be helpful so she helped Papa put together the dinosaur egg holders instead.

Jentry with her orange egg.  According to Jentry, "Orange is my favorite!"

The day was a little cloudy and cool but we still got some outside time.

Issac's Grandpa and Grandma Hamilton were also there and we celebrated Anna's 1st Birthday with a purple flower cake and icecream.  My sister made the cake and it was fabulous!  Unfortunately I did not get pictures of the cake, because I was busy helping Jentry change out of her awful tights. 

All things considered it was an EGGcellent day of family and celebration.  Alleluia, Jesus rose from the grave!

No comments:

Post a Comment