Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mommy to Mom

At some point in the last week or so I have gone from Mommy to Mom.  I have mixed feelings about this reality.  On one hand, it brings me great joy to watch my baby grow into a “big girl” and rejoice in the evidence that she is learning all that I and the world have been teaching.  However on the other hand, it is a bitter sweet realization that she is growing up much too quickly.  Jentry is now decisively telling me exactly what we will be doing and then ending each statement with a firm “OK?”  It is if she wants to ensure that she is in complete control and that I verbally understand. 

Unfortunately, I do realize that she has learned this from listening to me use the exact same dialogue.  There is simply no denying that but it definitely gives me a different perspective being on the other side of the conversation.  I guess ultimately I am very proud that she is learning to be a strong, confident woman while observing her mother.  I just pray that I am able to continuously provide a respectable role model for her in the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment