Monday, March 14, 2011

I Love You Mom!

Saturday morning was the first time Jentry told me that she loved me without any prompting on my part.  I think she was just happy that she did not have to go to school and could eat breakfast in her pajamas, but whatever the reason I was completely overjoyed.  Simply hearing "I love you Mom" has made all my hard work in caring for this little person the last three years absolutely worth it!  I remember thinking when she was born, "How long will it be until this little baby can hug me back or tell me that she loves me too?"  I am not sure exactly how old she was when she could really hug me back, but Saturday at the age of two years and eight months she is finally big enough to give me a hug AND say "I love you Mom!"  My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment