Friday, February 25, 2011

Learning to Swim

Jentry started swimming lessons at the YMCA this month.  She loves the water and thinks it is great fun to splash around.  Since the class starts at 4:45 pm I am not able to pick up Jentry and get her to lessons in time, so every Tuesday Dad is in charge of swimming lessons.  Additionally, the class requires that an adult be in the water with Jentry.  I was less than excited about putting on a bathing suit in the dead of winter, to say the least! 

I may be somewhat biased, but as I watched Jentry and the other students I was quite impressed with Jentry's abilities.  She was the only student who listened to the instructor and actually attempted to kick and paddle.  One poor little guy wouldn't even let his father carry him into the pool!  Not my independent little Jentry...she had no fear jumping in the water from the side of the pool and was the first to go down the slide. 

On the day of lessons, Joey promised Jentry that they could go to McDonald's after lessons if she was good and listened to the instructor.  When she got home I asked her what she got to do with daddy and she excitedly announced, "We went to Old McDonald's!"  I guess fast food with a toy was more exciting than the pool.



No comments:

Post a Comment