Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Thirty-three Cha Cha Cha

Welp, another year has rolled around.

My good friend Lindsay has a birthday in January, so I can forever tease her about being older and this year was no different. I took her out for lunch in Hastings and she seemed awfully depressed. I told her "All jokes aside, we really are NOT that old. You shouldn't be so down on yourself." She explained, "It's not that I feel old, it's that fact that it seems like we just did this!"  I had to agree, It did seem like yesterday that I was picking her up and giving her a gift when in fact it had been a whole year ago. And to add to that, I don't think it will be getting slower anytime soon.

My birthday celebration started last Thursday with some afternoon shopping in Lincoln with Nathan, dinner at Flatwater with my sister, brother-in-law, good friend Abby and her boyfriend Chris and Blake Shelton live in concert. It was a beautiful evening out with lots of laughs.


The next morning, we had the best breakfast in Lincoln at the Bread and Cup and then headed back west. 

Saturday, I spent the day at the Sutton Area Showcase. This was my first year chairing the event. We had approximately 50 vendors and a great crowd. I think it was a sucess. Whew!


Saturday evening, we attended the annual Pheasants Forever Banquet, which always draws a big crowd.  The meal was wonderful and Mason could not get enough pork off the chop. No vegan here folks.


Sunday was the actual day and it perfectly completed the celebration. I taught Sunday School and at the end I shared some cookies with the kiddos and told them it was my birthday. They were so excited. I asked them, "How old do you think I am?" I got responses all over the board, which was quite entertaining. Then Ellie asked, "Can we sing happy birthday to you?" "Well that would be just wonderful, Ellie, thank you!" They immediately began singing the most adorable version of happy birthday complete with the cha cha chas. I could not have received a more precious gift.

When I got home, I had a gift and a very special card waiting for me. Nathan cooked up a scrumptious lunch of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with gravy and even treated me with a chocolate malt for dessert. 



Papa and Ownie (Mason's new name for Grandma Mack) came over in the afternoon to exchange gifts. Mason had a blast opening the presents. 



On my way home from picking up Jentry, we stopped and grabbed some take-out from Hunan's. It was a perfect Sunday Birthday with some of my favorite people. Life may be getting continually faster but it can't stop me from cha cha chaing!

No comments:

Post a Comment