Saturday, March 12, 2016

Our Sweet Little Mason

We were so proud of Mason last Sunday. At children's time, he confidently ran to the front of the church and sat quietly with his sister and the other children.

But then....When the lesson was over he ran back down the isle, past the row in which Nathan and I were sitting, stopped abruptly, spun around and ran straight back to the front of the church. Nathan made an attempt to retrieve him, but Pastor Mary waved him back. She wanted to see what Mason would do and asked the entire congregation to stand up so they could get a better look at how cute he was. Sure cute to everyone else but terrifying for his parents. I was not so much embarrassed as I was frightened of what he might say or do. Much to my relief, he just sat there and listened to the hymn and watched the pianist in awe.

After church, a friend of mine sent me this picture with the caption, "Our sweet little Mason. I couldn't resist."


And then later in the week, I received an e-mail from the church secretary, " Mason was so cute Sunday and so comfortable up in front by himself. I wish more of us could be that relaxed."

I guess we can all appreciate and maybe even learn from those with childlike faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment