Monday, February 15, 2016

Oh Love

This past week Nathan had to travel to Iowa for a work conference which left me home to wrangle the two kiddos and our crazy work/school/life scheduled by my lonesome. I had everything planned, organized and ready to flow and then....

1. Daycare was unexpectedly closed Thursday AND Friday
2. I got sick.

Needless to say, I am super thankful that we got around to making Jentry's Valentines early in the week.


However, I was in charge of her class party treats and had planned to make them Friday morning. Now any right minded person would have drove 7 blocks to the local grocery store and purchased 25 of the best looking PRE-MADE treats available and gone about their day resting away their illness. But for some reason, that is not me. Apparently, I like to challenge myself and make everything more complicated than it needs to be. 

With my big-boy helper, it took all morning to make enough heart tarts for the entire class.  By the time I took the last batch out of the oven it was lunch time, my kitchen was an absolute disaster zone, I was still in my pajamas and I needed to load everything in the car and get them to the school asap.



 

The finished product was worth every minute of the madness.  At least that is what I am going to tell myself. After all, love is not always easy or as planned or without effort. But oh is it rewarding!


My mother-in-law gave me this beautiful scripture plaque for Valentine's Day. I hung it directly above my kitchen sink so that it is a daily reminder of what love really is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment