Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pink Puppy Chow for the Party

We have been focusing on love at our house.  Preparing for Valentine’s Day is always so much fun for me.  I love this hearty holiday for several reasons.

Firstly, my mother was born on Valentine's Day and let's face it.... without her I am nothing. Happy day of birth, Mom!  We love you very much!  Secondly, I love the heart shape.  I love that it is symmetrical and portrays a nice warm, fuzzy feeling without being overly girly like flowers and butterflies.  In addition, I get to assist my very special sidekick in making Valentines for her classmates.  I always love going through the new list of names.  This year we have: Griffin, Aaron, Esae, Katie, Jenna, Adrian, Connor, Adilynn, Landon, Carlos, Ms. Peterson, Mrs. Stone and of course my favorite mate, Jentry.

Jentry is responsible for bringing a snack for the class Valentine's Day party and I found the cutest idea on Pinterest.  Which by the way has become my new obsession ever since I gave up Facebook for lent.  I may be missing the point.  Nevertheless, I so enjoyed making Strawberries and Cream Puppy Chow. 

5oz white chocolate or white vanilla candy melts
5oz read candy melts (found in craft stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby)
5 cups rice chex cereal, divided in 2 parts
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup strawberry cake mix
1 bag of Valentine M&Ms

1. Put 2 1/12 cups rice chex cereal into a medium sized bowl. 
2.  Slowly melt white chocolate in the microwave, stopping it every 30 seconds or so to make sure it doesn't burn. 
3.  Add melted white chocolate to chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly.  Be careful not to break the chex cereal too much.
4.  Add the powdered sugar to the shite chocolate covered chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. 
5.  Repeat the same process with the red candy melts and strawberry cake mix (instead of the powdered sugar).
6.  Allow to dry completely, combine the two kinds of chow together and add M&Ms.




When the chow was mixed and ready, I had two beautiful blondes assist me with filling the individual treat bags.  Miss Jentry and her friend Avery did an excellent job!


The class is learning about the letter P this week.  Pink Puppy Chow for the Party....I have really outdone myself this time!

Jentry is so excited for her class party.  I know this because she said and I quote, "This is going to be the best Valentine's party ever.  I have everything organized and ready to go."  Nathan's is terrified that she is already organizing, however that makes this OCD mama very happy.  She even selected and set out her Valentine's Day outfit three days ago.  Love it!


What a wonderful day to spread the LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment