Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Tying Triumph

Jentry had very big news yesterday.  When I picked her up at daycare, she was sitting on a chair and tying her own shoes!  Yes, my four-year-old apparently taught herself how to not only tie her shoes but also finish with a double knot!  Miss Wendy said Jentry just came to her all excited and said, "Look I tied my own shoes."  Miss Wendy said she did not encourage her to practice she just went at it all by herself and after several minutes of trying she had it all figured out. 

Of course, we immediately had to call everyone we knew so that she could share her big accomplishment.  I felt somewhat guilty that I had not spent more time working with her on this milestone task, however I am very proud of her for taking the initiative to teach herself.  She will be one step ahead of her mates when Kindergarten begins this fall.  Way to go Jentry!

If you wanna learn how to tie your shoes
It's a very easy thing to do
Just sit on down and I'll give you the scoop
What's that?
It's called a loopdy loop!
You take one lace in each hand
You go over and under again
You make a loopdy loop and pull
Now your shoes are lookin' cool
You go over and back
Left to right
Loopdy loop and pull em tight
Like bunny ears or a Christmas bow
Lace 'em up and you're ready to go
Just make a loopdy loop and pull
And you're shoes are lookin cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment