Monday, February 4, 2013

New Bling

Jentry has very big news:


I have been wanting to get Jentry's ears pierced for a while now and we finally made it happen.  

No more of these:

Many of these and more to come I'm sure of that!  
I allowed Jentry to pick out some new earrings that she can wear in six, long weeks.  It was buy two get one free, and I thought she made some excellent choices. 

So far, she has been doing great with her new bling and has not complained about me cleaning them once. I would typically have waited until she could take care of them by herself, however I thought because of her short hair she needed something a little girlie to set her apart. My mother mentioned wanting to get a second piercing in her ears, and I thought it would be great fun if Jentry could go with her grandma to get their ears pierced together. Jentry thought it was a great idea and I told my mom about our grand plan.  Apparently grandma forgot about the plan, because she went and got her ears pierced on a recent trip to Kearney with my sister.  I couldn't believe it, what was grandma thinking!  Jentry immediately called her grandmother and said, "Grandma, you are in BIG trouble!"  I think it may be a while until grandma lives that one down.

On the way to Lincoln last Saturday, I asked Jentry if she was ready to get her ears pierced and she was somewhat hesitant.  Even though grandma had told her it was easy, she has some girlfriends that have told her otherwise.  I really didn't think I would get her talked into going through with it, but when we arrived at the mall there was only one thing on her mind.  "Where is the earring store?" 

The store was very busy and there was a girl sitting in the chair waiting to have the procedure done.  Jentry's eyes were glued to that little girl and there was no distracting her.  She wanted to see exactly what was going to happen.  I just stood there hoping and praying that the little girl would keep smiling and not break down and cry.  Luckily she did awesome and Jentry was ready to be next.  She selected beautiful, diamond (fake of course) studs set in white gold which made me happy.  Then she sat tall in the chair and hugged "Claire Bear" tightly.  Before I knew it, it was all over and Jentry's eyes lit up when she looked in the mirror.  She didn't cry, she didn't scream, she simply smiled the rest of the day. 

For a special celebratory treat for her bravery, we went to the the Cookie Company for a chocolate chip cookie and a soda.  The first picture I took revealed the chocolate all over her teeth.  Lovely, isn't it?


When I asked to take another shot this is what I got:
What a cheese!  Bling Bling

Jentry has since been having all kinds of fun showing off her new earrings to all of her friends.  When asked if it hurt she says, "Yes, it hurt a lot!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment