Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunday Fun Day

For once we didn't have any plans on Sunday!  It was so nice to be able relax with absolutely no agenda.  However, Nathan might argue that his Saturday "Honey Do List" well made up for the lack of chores on Sunday.

We started the day with cinnamon rolls and then cleaned up for church.  After church, Jentry and I made our very first homemade pizza for lunch.  She has been begging me to do this for a long time and I have to admit that I have been putting it off because I really didn't know how to make a pizza.  I did a little Google research and somehow we came up with this.

Our version of meat lovers, which turned out more like a sauce lovers.  Next time I think I will lay off the sauce a bit. Ha! Jentry had a blast adding all the toppings.  She wasn't sure if she was going to like the pepperoni.  "Is it spicy, mom?"  After I assured her that it was not too spicy, she had me get her a chaser of milk and finally tried one.  "Oh, it kinda tastes like a meat stick. Yum!"

After lunch, we headed to the golf course to meet up with the McKenzies.  Jentry brought along her own set of clubs and had a blast.  She knows much more about golf than I do now and she is probably better at it too.  So far she has me beat ,because I have never even swung a club.  Nathan might actually have a chance convincing her to play with him. 






It was a beautiful, restful, sabbath day just as He intended it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment