Monday, July 2, 2012

A Barbie Birthday Party

Jentry has been talking about a Barbie birthday party for six months, so I had no choice but to make it happen.  I decided that it would be best to invite a few girls from Sutton that are Jentry's age instead of making family travel during a busy summer to celebrate with Barbies.  I convinced Jentry that a girls only party would be fun and that boys were not allowed.  I think everyone thought the girls only Barbie party was a great idea.  Everyone except my nephew Isaac who had been waiting the entire month of June to celebrate Jentry's birthday. 

We started by sending out invitations to eight girls in town.  Jentry had so much fun putting a Barbie sticker on each card and carefully tucking them inside the pink envelope.  She then sealed each one with another Barbie sticker. 





Next we put together gift boxes for her friends to take home.  It took quite a bit of convincing to get Jentry to accept that she could not keep one. 



I decided to take a stab at making a Barbie cake and it actually turned out pretty good.  I still remember my doll cakes from Grandma Bose.  Every girl should have a doll cake at least once in her life.


I put up a few decorations to make it feel like a real party.


The morning of the party, I let Jentry open an early birthday present.  I had found a Barbie cheerleader dress with a matching dress for her Barbie.  I thought it would be perfect attire for her special day.




Jentry received many very cool gifts.  Her Barbie inventory increased drastically.


Thank goodness Jan was there to help me.  I don't know what I would have done without her!  Both she and my mother informed me of the age rule.  Apparently, you are only supposed to invite as many children as the age of the birthday child.  I doubled that number by inviting eight girls.  Where was their wonderful advice when I was sending out invitations?  Jan spent half of the party removing Barbies and pieces from boxes.  Why a doll must be sealed in a box like Fort Knox, I will never understand.


Even though the temperature was over 100 degrees that day, the girls did play on the porch for awhile.


I was so busy refereeing the girls, I almost didn't get a picture of the birthday girl blowing out her candles.  I was at least able to quickly snap this one.


It was an absolutely crazy evening, and I don't think I will do such a large party again.  At least not without more adult assistance, however Jentry had a great time and that made it all worthwhile.  She also got to have one of the girls stay for a sleepover.  They talked for a while but eventually went to sleep.  I just can not believe how big she is getting.  I am sure there will be many more parties and sleepovers, but I will forever remember my little Jentry's Barbie birthday party.  I wonder if she will too?

No comments:

Post a Comment