Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Life Celebrations

We spent last weekend celebrating life in many different fashions.  Nathan's Grandma (Norma) McKenzie passed away on June 5, 2012.  I never had the opportunity to meet her, however her family spoke of her with such loving words I am certain she was a remarkable woman.  The funeral was set for Saturday morning, so Friday we traveled to Lincoln and had supper with the McKenzie Clan (pun intended).  It was great fun to meet everyone.  Geographically, John's family is very spread out so everyone enjoyed the time together.  That night we got to stay at John and Jan's condo in Lincoln.  I love staying at condo because it always feels like a mini vaca.  Jentry loves staying at the condo, because she gets to ride on the elevator. 


Saturday, Nathan and I celebrated Grandma Mackey's astounding life of great faith while Jentry got to spend the entire day with her cousins celebrating their youth.  It was quite interesting to hear Jentry's comments after I explained to her that Nathan's grandma had passed.  "I can't wait till I'm an old lady and I can go to Heaven too."  Oh, if we could only keep our childlike faith!


Saturday evening, Nathan and I traveled to the Arbor Day Farms in Nebraska City to celebrate a marriage of Nathan's long time friend, Mike Terryberry to a beautiful, free-spirited, bride name Aunnie.  We had a wonderful time and danced the night away with friends.


“ The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." ~ Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment