Monday, April 2, 2012

Preperation

Jentry and I spent the weekend preparing for Easter and the big move to Sutton, which is now only two weeks away!

Saturday morning Jentry took a quick spin on her tricycle before heading to the Easter Egg Hunt at daycare. 


She had so much fun searching for eggs and was truly surprised to find candy inside!  Oh, to be three again.


Yum Yum!  I tried to talk her into giving me the Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Eggs, but she wasn't having any of that.  Those little morsels are seriously my weakness.  They have the perfect ratio of chocolate coating to peanut butter cup filling. It is a good thing, for my thighs anyway, that they are only available during the Easter season.


After the hunt, we brought Jentry's friend, Kennedy, home with us for a play-date.  Kennedy and Jentry are only one week apart in age and are the best of friends.  I have been promising Jentry that she could have her over to play for a long time, and now that we are moving I had to make it happen.  Since it was a hot sunny day in March, they played outside most of the time.  They had great fun blowing bubbles.


We even had a picnic lunch.  The girls were deep in conversation about whether or not spiders are in fact scary.


Nathan arrived just after lunch and helped me pack and make a shopping run to Walmart.  We bought Jentry a new booster seat for the car and she is ecstatic about it.  She can get in and out all by herself!  I might be even more excited than she is about it.  It will certainly make life much easier on both of us.  That evening, Nathan took Jentry and me out to eat at the new restaurant, Cheddar's.  It was fabulous!

On Sunday, Nathan mowed the yard while Jentry and I did some more packing inside.  I have been trying to avoid mowing my yard before I move, but apparently Nathan thought it looked bad enough that he was willing to do it himself.  It was close to ninety degrees on Sunday, so I was very thankful to just work inside with the air conditioning. I hope it cools back off before the big moving day.

Sunday afternoon, Isaac came over to dye Easter eggs.  The "big" kids are finally old enough to listen (fairly well) to instructions and wait for my assistance.  I had a great time and I think they did too.







After looking at this picture,  I see that someone has been playing with my Easter, block decorations.  I wonder who that could be?


 
Now...off to eat eggs until we simply can't stand them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment