Monday, April 23, 2012

Moving Day

I am very excited to say that I am writing this post from our new home in Sutton!

I have been preparing for this big move since May of 2011 and it has finally come to pass.  I have spent countless hours contemplating, strategizing and organizing our move to Sutton.  Now that it is all said and done I think my time was well spent, as the move went very smoothly and I was surprisingly not stressed at all.  I am not sure if I can say the same for Nathan.  At one point he said to my sister, "I think it would have been easier to load up all of my belongings into my truck, drive it away and then come back and unload it when all the dust settled.  Ha!  Sadly, this may have realistically been a good idea.

Prior to the move Jentry and I checked out the Berenstain Bear's book Moving Day.  I was hoping it would help her prepare for the transition.  She absolutely loved it and had a gazillion questions.


On Jentry's last day at Noah's Ark, she wanted to take a special present for all of her friends.  She chose a bottle of bubbles and so I made these notes to say goodbye.  It was a very bitter sweet day.  Everyone there will be dearly missed.


On Friday the 13th of April, we packed all of our belongings into a trailer and a few pick-up trucks.  I realize this may not have been the best date to be moving, but all in all everything went great.  We had everything loaded by 8:30 Friday night (ahead of schedule!), so Nathan decided to drive the trailer back to Sutton and leave Jentry and I to stay our last night in Lincoln at the Hamilton's.  It turned out to be a great idea because Saturday was a very storming day.

Saturday morning, Jentry, Anna, Kelly and I made one, last trip to 711 N 58th Street to do some final cleaning and a last walk through.  Jentry and Anna loved to run through the empty house and hear their voices echo. 

The girls were trying very hard to be good helpers.  Please note that the beer on the counter was for the adult help the night before and was not given to any said minor.


By the time we arrived in Sutton at 11:00 AM, the trailer was empty and everything had been carried into the new house.  Nathan had rounded up three of his friends and man did they move quickly! My mother, Nathan's mother, Kelly, Anna, and my friend Monica had Jentry's room together in no time.  They also worked all afternoon on my kitchen.  I don't what we would have done without such amazing help.



I had planned to take several vacation days from work last week, however Jentry was so bored with me at home by Monday afternoon we decided to go meet her new daycare provider, Miss Wendy.  Jentry immediately loved it there and so I took her Tuesday morning.  I told her that she could stay as long as she wanted and to call me when she was ready to come home.  Just after lunch, she call and asked if she could just stay and take a nap there.  Of course I said, "Absolutely" because #1) She never takes a nap for me #2) I was getting a ton of work done without her attached to my hip!  So far, Jentry is loving Sutton and has transitioned much better than I had expected which makes the mama very happy.

For the entire week prior to the move, Jentry had begged me to make brownies and I kept promising that we could as soon as we were unpacked in our new kitchen.  After days and days of waiting, Jentry finally got to lick the bowl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment