Thursday, April 26, 2012

All By Myself

Jentry and I went to the Sutton Library this week and checked out some new books to read.  I think we shocked the librarian just a little.  She seemed slightly embarrassed that she had to dig to find a new membership form.  Apparently this doesn't happen everyday.  Eventually, she found what she needed in order to issue me a new library card.  The membership was free because we live in town, however Jentry wanted to check out a Sesame Street DVD so we had to pay a $15.00 movie rental membership fee.  To me this was small potatoes in order to see the excitement on Jentry's face.  She loved wandering around and looking at the new selection of books and movies.

One of the books Jentry selected was All By Myself by Mercer Mayer.  The book talks about all the things Little Critter can do by himself.  One of the tasks is making his own bed.  I have been trying really hard lately to get Jentry to do more things by herself so this was perfect timing.  The book must have inspired her this morning, because she proudly ran into my bedroom and announced,  I made my bed all by myself!"  I was shocked and could not wait to take a look.  This is what I saw...


 Not to bad for a first timer.  I hope her excitement continues.

1 comment:

  1. What a huge milestone! I think I'm going to be checking out All by Myself for Alexa as soon as I can possibly get to the library! Hopefully it has the same result :o)

    ReplyDelete