Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Minnie Good Time

My sweet niece, Anna Jean, turned two on April 23rd.  She loves, loves Minnie Mouse so we celebrated Minnie style at her house last Sunday.  Nathan was working so Jentry and I decided to head to Lincoln on Saturday afternoon and do a little city shopping and spend some time with my family.  This also meant we would have to stay overnight at the Hamilton's house since we no longer have a house in Lincoln.  This was so very strange to me.  When we first got to town, I really didn't want to even drive in our old neighborhood much less drive by our old house.  Jentry, however, wanted to drive by so I swallowed the frog in my throat, put on a semi-happy face and took the turn down ole 58th street.  It was actually not as bad as I had imagined and probably good closure for me.  Jentry pointed out that the new owner wasn't home and that he must have gone somewhere.  This move really has not affected her at all.  She is handling the transition better than any of us. 

Mom, Jentry and I got some great shopping in Saturday afternoon and Chad grilled everyone awesome steaks on Saturday evening.  Saturday night Jentry and I had our first and LAST experience of sleeping on a couch together.  Mom and Dad got the guest bedroom, Jentry was supposed to sleep in Isaac's room and I was perfectly fine with sleeping on the couch...by myself.  As usual, Jentry had other plans.  She didn't want to sleep with Isaac; she wanted to sleep with me.  I agreed only because I thought she would sleep on the love seat right next to the couch.  After an hour of Jentry talking and me trying to sleep, I finally gave in and let her sleep at my feet if she agreed to not say another word! 

Sunday, Dad and I took the two older kiddos to Earl May and Yonkers.  I don't what I was thinking.  Dad, a four-year-old and a three-year-old shopping?  I was able to purchase what I needed, but that was about all.  After lunch, the kids took a nap while mom and I made a run to Target.  Now this was much more efficient and enjoyable!  Finally, at two o'clock, the Minnie Party began and it was so much fun.  I can't think of anything better than pink cupcakes, girly presents and wonderful time spent with family. 


Grandma and her girls

I have no words...

No comments:

Post a Comment