Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Weekend of Different

Last weekend was a big weekend.  A big weekend of things being different.  Not necessarily different in a bad way just different from the usual.

1.  I worked from home Friday morning to allow a real estate agent to show our house.  I placed it on the market March 1st.

2.  I picked up Jentry from daycare right after lunch.  This was terribly exciting to her because, this meant that she didn't have to take a nap.  Well at least not at daycare anyway.

3. We drove straight to the McKenzie's house so that Jan could entertain Jentry while I conducted interviews for daycare in Sutton.

4. Nathan rode with us to Orleans and we ate at Paddingtons instead of Grandma's kitchen.

5. Anna and Jentry played with tractors instead of dolls.


6.  Anna is now somewhat mischievous instead of the innocent little baby.

7.  Nathan and I were able to get away for awhile and enjoy a cruise around my old stomping grounds.


8.  It was a beautiful, warm day in March... in Nebraska!  Simply unheard of.

9.  A few hours later it was snowing and Papa only had one new baby calf after twelve the day before.

10.  Jentry got to drive us around for a change.



11.  Someone got a picture with me in FRONT of the camera.

12.  Jentry got to pet a baby calf and learned where milk comes from first hand.  Papa even squirted her with a little of the white stuff.  That naughty Papa!


13.  Jentry was able to convince Papa to take her for a tractor ride into the sunset.  OK, so that is not so different than the usual.



14.  Nathan got to take Jentry for a wagon ride.

15.  Snuggles even got to go for a ride.
16.  And because Papa felt left out, Jentry took him for a ride too.

17.  On Sunday, Jentry and I got to go to church with grandma and I even allowed her to go up front for the children's sermon. This is something I said I would never allow, because of my fear of what she might say.  I have to give her credit however, she was a perfect angel and even answered one of the pastor's questions.

18.  Sunday afternoon we drove back to Lincoln and stopped by my real estate agent's office to sign a purchase agreement.  Yes, much to my surprise the house sold in only three days time.  I am still in a bit of shock, but I am ecstatic that I don't have to keep my house spotless for weeks on end.  With a closing date of April 20th, more change is yet to come.  

Sutton will be different.  A different town.  A different size. A different lifestyle.  A GOOD lifestyle. Ready or not here we come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous your house sold in 3 days!!! Ours has been on the market for 2 months and I've had 22 showings...that means I've had to have my house spotless 22 times. With 3 kids it is almost impossible! Love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete