Friday, March 16, 2012

Circus Time

It's that time of year again... time for the circus to come to town.  Specifically, the Sesostris Shrine Circus to come to Lincoln.  This is the third year we have taken Jentry, and I must say that this year was the best year yet!  The circus itself was comparable to previous years, however Jentry was finally old enough to sit for the two hours of entertainment and actually, well, be entertained.

She had a wonderful evening of fun with her parents.  First we went to Tico's for supper before the show, because it is conveniently located across the street from the Pershing Center.  Jentry ordered a bean and cheese burrito and lemonade all by herself.  Shocking that she would order beans, I know.  That girl would live on cans of Pork and Beans if only her mother would let her.

Next we walked over to the show and Jentry insisted on carrying her own ticket. 


Once inside we had to stop and take a few minutes to absorb the sites.




Once Jentry saw the ponies, she immediately wanted to ride.  I finally gave in this year and allowed her go around in a circle twice for $5.00.  It was worth it... I suppose.  She did seem to have a lot of fun.



Next we found our seats and settled in to enjoy the show.  We saw clowns being goofy, bears doing handstands and riding motorcycles, sky devils riding a motorcycle on a tight rope and Jentry's favorite...Jeffery's Jalopy.  That old, junky car was the one thing Jentry remembered from last year.  What can I say, the kid is weird.


Jentry quickly spotted a vendor selling snow cones.  It did not take her long to catch on to the process of getting their attention either.  She waved her hand big and the vendor was heading her direction until her mean mother looked the other way to avoid having to deal with the sticky mess.  At intermission, I did give into her request.  I had previously promised her that she could bring her dollar bill and buy one thing with it at the circus.  I clarified to her however, "You can have a snow cone but that will be your one choice and you will not get anything else." To which she replied, "Yep, because I have one monies, so I can buy one thing.  If I get more monies though, I can buy more things, right?"

We also stopped to get a butterfly painted on her face.  She chose an orange and purple butterfly.  She proudly explained to the artist, "Because that is my favorite color and mommy's favorite color."  I melted.  She looked so sweet.




During the second half of the show we saw sky masters, an aerial diva, hoopla hoop artistry and Anna Louis the dancing elephant.  Anna Louis was my favorite part of the show, just in case you were wondering.



Jentry doesn't often get to spend time with both mommy and daddy spoiling her at once, so I am certain she had a wonderful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment