Monday, July 25, 2011

Nail Paints for Grandma

Last weekend Grandma Bose came to visit us.  She was kind enough to watch Jentry while I attended both a funeral and a wedding on Saturday.  It was an extremely hot weekend, but they had fun playing in the pool with Isaac and Anna. 

Just after breakfast Saturday morning, Grandma decided that she needed to paint her nails.  She thought Jentry needed a fresh coat too.  Jentry quickly instructed (manipulated) Grandma to help her reach her "nail paints" on the top of her dresser.  They sat down at the table and Jentry asked "Do you want me to paint your nails, Grandma?"  To this Grandma wasn't so easily influenced.  Grandma was not so sure this sounded like a good idea. 

I felt the same way the first time Jentry wanted to paint my nails, but for some crazy reason she convinced me. (I am such a sucker!) It went surprising well.  Jentry was very careful and put one line of polish in the middle of each nail.  She never spilled a drop.  I was extremely impressed with her steadiness.  The nails did not look so great, but who cares?  My table and fingers stayed completely free of pink, sparkly polish!

I assured Grandma that it would be OK to let Jentry paint her nails.  I suggested a light color, however that would be easy to remove or cover-up.  Jentry had a great time and thought she was pretty big stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment