Friday, July 15, 2011

Growing Tall and Growing Talk

Today was Jentry's three year check-up with Dr. Hamann.  She was excited to go see "him."  I explained that Dr. Hamann was a girl (lady actually) and we were going to see HER.  By all means, I want Jentry to know that she too could be a doctor, and it was not a profession solely for men. :)  She could not have behaved any better and I was a very proud mommy.  She measured in at 37" and weighed in at 27lbs.  This is the 48th and 12th percentile, respectively.  She did have to endure a tiny prick on her finger and in turn received a bright orange band aide!  She was thrilled to get to wear it "all day" and show all of her friends at daycare.

Jentry is definitely talking non-stop these days.  Every now and then she says some really silly things that make me laugh out loud.  Yesterday afternoon, I told Jentry that Grandma Bose was coming to see her today.  Her response was, "Well, that is really like.....exciting! And she can have pancakes with us?"  Later that evening, we went for a walk and I asked her which way she wanted to go.  "Well, we can just walk for a while until Grandma gets here, because she is not here yet."  I didn't have the heart to tell her we would be walking for a long time.

This morning Jentry woke up at 5:20 in the a.m.  I told her that it was very early and not yet time to get out of bed.  She replied, "But I am not tired. I want to watch a movie."  I told her that we both needed to go back to bed for awhile. She replied, "Well baby (aka - maybe), I can just watch a movie and you can go back to your bed and sleep, because you are still tired."

"I am going to eat all my betch-ta-bowls so I will grow really tall....just like you." I do not usually consider myself as a really tall person, but I guess when you are 37 inches 5'6" might seem fairly tall.

"Chips are not good for us....but we can still eat them!"

"Mom, let me show you something."  She likes to use this when she is avoiding something she does not want to do like going to sleep.  Jentry has had a little trouble going to sleep lately.  She is going through that phase were she will ask for everything under the sun as an excuse to not lie down and close her eyes.  One night this week I came back into her room for the 20th time (literally) and asked her why she was not in bed.  She actually stood in the middle of her dark room waving her hands anxiously and said "I need, I need, well I need.....something!"  Oh yes, something! How could I have forgot?

There is not a day that goes by that I am not delightfully surprised by my growing girl and her growing intellect.

No comments:

Post a Comment