Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pumpkin Dreams

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved the autumn season. Some of my favorite childhood fall memories include roasting hot dogs by the huge bonfire while sippin' on hot chocolate in my Halloween costume and trips to the Pumpkin Patch by Stamford. Making my pumpkin selection was one of the most exciting decisions of the year.

The ultimate dream would be for me to own and manage my very own pumpkin patch, however after several years of persuading I have only convinced my husband to assist me with a small patch for our family.

Luckily my in-laws were on board to help make this family pumpkin patch a reality.  Jan allowed us to use one of her fenced-in gardens and even went to the efforts of researching and purchasing some seeds. Everyone helped plant the seeds, spread mulch and pull weeds. Nathan and John helped water and spray for bugs.  Yes, sorry folks, this is not an "organic" pumpkin patch.





















I am happy to report that our first attempt at the family patch was a sucess and I am hopeful that  I have passed along my fall nostalgia to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment