Friday, January 31, 2014

100 Days Smarter

Jentry's school celebrated 100 days on Tuesday.  No one ever made mention of the 100th day when I was in school but apparently now it is a very big deal.  Each student was asked to bring 100 of something in a plastic bag to display on the hallway wall.  After some serious brainstorming, Jentry asked Nathan to bring her some corn kernels. She counted them out in tens and determined that 100 corn kernels didn't look like much.

The students could also make something to resemble the number 100 or wear 100 of something for the day. Beings that I am absolutely not creative at all and I didn't have time to make a trip to purchase supplies, this is what Jentry got. Much to my surprise, she loved it and could not wait to wear it!


I had to make an overnight trip to the Lincoln office so Nathan was in charge of getting Jentry to school on the big day. I received this picture with the caption, "Ready for 100 days! Don't ask about the outfit and shoes..." Yes, socks and sandals were probably not one of the best selections on one of the coldest days of the year, but I completely understood. One must pick his battles.


Jentry's class made a book to take home and Jentry's page absolutely melted my heart. She didn't wish for 100 barbies or 100 donuts...nope this girl wished for 100 kisses and would then kiss back. I just love her!



The teacher also took these really fun, kind of creepy, photos of the kids with AgingBooth. This is what Jentry might look like at 100. She thought it was so funny.


The school staff went out of their way to make the day filled with all things 100 and boy did the kids have a blast. Jentry can now officially claim that she has survived 100 days of Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment