Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Place to Park

Nathan and I first began discussions about building a garage before I ever even moved to Sutton. Last summer we got serious about it and requested some bids. In June, the contractor assured me that it would be done before the first snowfall. Well he lied, but never the less we are very grateful to be able to park out of the elements today as they are forecasting 3 to 6 inches of blowing snow.

It was really interesting to watch the entire process of the building each day. First there was the removal of three trees. Next the old falling porch was torn down and hauled away. Then the main electrical line had to be moved and finally they could mark out the lines for the new garage.



The trench for the footings

Jentry playing on her InnoTab, eating peanuts and watching the workers build.

New patio and garage floor

Looking west at the new garage floor

Walls going up!


Finally, a roof to shelter my poor car from bird poo!


Siding going up.


Nathan painting the ceiling, per my request. He wasn't any too thrilled but agreed that the finished product looked much better.

Inside walls are insulated and going up! 

In Nathan's mind the garage is far from finished, however it has every feature I was desiring...a roof, four walls, an overhead door with auto-lift and a freezer. Nathan also talked me into purchasing a refrigerator and because it matched the freezer I really couldn't say no. 

Back yard before

Back yard after

Before

After

Next project...new deck and some much needed landscaping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment