Sunday, June 30, 2013

Five Fortunate Years

My little Jentry Bug turns five today! I was going through some of Jentry's keepsakes this month and I came across her baby book.  How could it be that already five years have passed since I was pregnant and on the hunt for the perfect book in which to store memories that I was yet to even fathom? It was so fun to look back at the things I wrote and reminisce about the amazing events in that first, fabulous year of her life.

Ready to come home from the hospital.  She weighed less than the doll I played with as a girl!

Her BIG personality did not take long to show its adorable face.


Before long, she was turning two and into lots of trouble.  The day before her party she covered her entire self with diaper cream while I was franticly trying to finish decorating her cake.  She never was much of a napper.

Somehow another year passed and three brought on even more evidence of her bright personality.  I truly think three may have been the most difficult year thus far, however I have a feeling that the teenage years with this strong willed child might make three seem like a small scratch.

Year four seemed to prove more independence as she selected her own Barbie party theme.  It was a girls only party and she enjoyed celebrating with some of her own friends.

It is exciting to know that year five will bring even more fabulous memories that are beyond my current imagination.  This year she chose a Princess Tiana party with chocolate ice cream cake and celebrated with both friends and family. 





Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet Jentry.  I have been so blessed to watch you sprout into an amazing little girl. May God grant you many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment