Tuesday, June 18, 2013

While She Was Away

The week after school let out for summer break, Jentry attended a week of Bible School.  I was asked to be the preschool teacher and said sure!  Little did I know that I would be responsible for 21 little lambs.  It was an exhausting week, but somehow I survived and Jentry loved having her mom as a teacher.

Jentry was scheduled to go to her dad's on that Friday for THREE weeks.  I was really dreading having to say goodbye to her, however after five days of twenty-one four-year-olds  I was ready for a little break. God works in mysterious ways.

While she was gone I was able to hear her little voice on the phone, see her adorable little smile on Facetime and view pictures of what she had been up to.  This is definitely the upside of technology.  I have to thank Joey's fiance, Erica, for these amazing photos.  She is so kind to Jentry and did a great job of keeping me in the loop when I felt so far away.

Royals vs Yankees game in Kansas City

Cruising Harlan Lake

Singing while driving

2nd Place at the Orleans Diesel Drags

T-ball in Alma

Learning to ride without training wheels

Pool time in Stromsburg

Riding her four-wheeler into the sunset

Jentry also got to attend Under The Umbrella Daycare in Alma and spend a few days with my mom and her cousins in Orleans.  Knowing that she was having such a fun-packed three weeks made missing her a bit more tolerable.

When she arrived home on Sunday Nathan and I were so happy to see her.  She seemed so much older!  It was nice to have second honeymoon, however by week three we were ready to have things back to normal.  We determined we were quite boring without her.  The house was way too clean and we barely made any trash at all.  

The first thing she wanted to do when she got back to her room was play Barbies with mom.  She didn't stray far from my hip the entire day.  When I made a quick trip to the bathroom and Jentry could not find me, she began to frantically search the house.  When she found me she said with tears in her eyes, "Mom, you scared me!  I didn't know where you were.  You need to tell me where you are."  

I am thankful that she got to make some wonderful memories with her dad, grandparents and cousins, however I am very excited that she is back in my arms.  What a lucky little girl to have so many people that love her so dearly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment