Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Twelve Days

Jentry has been at her dad's for twelve days now and she will not return until twelve more days pass.  This has been both relaxing and miserable for me.  I miss her terribly, however I have been able to get a few things done around the house that I would not otherwise have time to do.

For example, I purchased a new rug in Lincoln this weekend to replace the hand-me-down rug that Nathan had been given by his mother when he moved into the house.  The rug was in fairly decent shape and by no means did I hate it, but I just wanted something that was a little more my own taste and color scheme.

Before:


After:
A little lighter, pulls in the cinnamon from the walls and the style is a bit more fitting for the age of the house.

I have always loved the dark red color of the walls, however I felt it made the entire room a bit dark and gloomy.  So after swearing that I was not going to do anymore painting for a long while, my crazy self went to the paint store and painted yet again!  Only two walls this time.   I left two accent walls red and chose a lovely Greenbrier Beige to brighten things up a bit.

Before:

After:

Before: 

After: 

Even though they were minor changes I am very pleased with the outcome.  Plus it gave me something to do while I was missing my little girl.  I wonder how long it will take her to notice the change?

Next on my list was organizing our new closet and dressers.  When our new furniture arrived, Nathan and I quickly moved our things into the new room without really taking the time to do it right.  I tried on every pair of pants I own, which took all afternoon.  The result was several large bags of clothes for Goodwill and a new dresser full of clothes that actually fit.  This makes me feel peaceful.  Weird maybe, but I just love it!


Nathan even took the time to install some lovely hooks for my accessories.




We are absolutely loving our new bedroom furniture and most of all the new Tempur-Pedic mattress.  I'm not really sure how we ever slept without it.

Now what to do in the next twelve days?  

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! How much for your services?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so beautiful! You're doing great! Do you want to come to my house and give me some interior decorating tips?

    ReplyDelete