Friday, September 7, 2012

Yard Before and After

I first began talking about landscaping our yard this past spring.  Our yard needed a major overhaul.  The lady that lived here before had planted all kinds of plants, but unfortunately she had really let things get overgrown and out of hand.  I have been told by numerous people that you couldn't even see the house from the street.  I can't even imagine!  Nathan had done lots of clearing out and cleaning up when he moved in, however it was still not a place that you would want to spend much time. 

John and Jan took me to All Around Landscaping just south of Fairmont, Nebraska.  I was very impressed with the selection and had heard nothing but great things about their work.  I gave the owner, Ben, my name and number and asked him to come give us some ideas.  At this point, I really didn't think we would do anything at all.  I just wanted to think about the possibilities of "someday" and what that might actually cost. 

Ben arrived three weeks later and after hearing his ideas, I was sold.  I had to have this amazing yard!  Then he gave me a ball park figure of the cost and I was certain my dreams of green grass would be quickly mowed down, when I shared the amount with Nathan.  Much to my surprise, Nathan said let's go ahead and have them draw us a design.  I was more than ecstatic and could not wait to see the plans on paper. The plan was beautiful and lured us both into saying... yes to the grass? 


After much anticipation, I finally received the call on August 15th.  They were coming, they were really coming! Our dirty, weedy, uninviting yard would , in just three days time, look absolutely amazing.  It was so fun to watch the transformation.  It would have taken Nathan and I months to accomplish all they did in such a short amount of time.  I felt like I was on the show Yard Crashers, and I was lovin' every minute of it!  Neighbors said they didn't even recognize the place.  Unfortunately, one neighbor told Nathan that he was very upset, now his wife has all kinds of plans for him to spruce up their yard.  Ha!

Before

After

Before

After (Can you find the cute blonde?)

Before

 After

Before

After



I could not be happier with our new outdoor space.  It turned out better than I had even imaged it could ever be. 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Your house looks so neat. We loved our older house, they have so much character!

    ReplyDelete