Thursday, May 24, 2012

I Can't Even Smile

I got a call from daycare today just after lunch.  Miss Wendy wanted me to come look at Jentry's mouth.  She had fallen off the scooter and smashed up her mouth pretty good.  Thankfully, this is the first major hurt my little girl has had to endure, but that made it all the more tragic.  I found her lying across Miss Wendy's lap with a princess ice pack over her mouth.  You could see that she was trying to be very brave, but the minute her little eyes met mine she began to bawl again.  I was instantly heartbroken.  I too tried to be brave and act like everything was just fine even though I wasn't so sure about the patch of skin dangling inside of her mouth or the fact that her lip was already the size of a grape!  My poor baby!  I managed to remain calm however and offered to take her home.  Of course, Jentry wanted to leave with me immediately. 

When we got home, I put her on her bed and tried to make her comfortable.  I put a towel down over her pillows to protect them from the blood.  Jentry wanted her Snuggie, but insisted that he sit next to her so that he wouldn't get all bloody too.  As I was starting a movie, Jentry began to tear up again and said, "I can't even smile, mom."  As any decent mother would do, I promised her a chocolate malt for supper.



I sure hope my baby heals quickly... without a trip to the dentist.  I want her smile back!

No comments:

Post a Comment