Friday, November 18, 2011

A Lot of Fire

This week I received an e-mail at work from the director at daycare.  The subject of the e-mail was Accident and went a little something like this:

Hi Jan,

Just wanted to let you know Jentry had an accident this morning.  She was in the office for a think time, and just let loose!  She didn’t say she had to go to the restroom, so it must have caught her off guard.  She’s all changed and the soiled clothing is in her cubby, double bagged.  I don’t think it got on her shoes, but it is possible the tongues got a touch of it.  Anyway – everything is taken care of, I just wanted to let you know.

Not exactly what was I was hoping to read.  I was hoping for a little, innocent story about how Jentry fell and bumped her knee.  To be quite honest, all I really ever want from the director of daycare is an adorable picture of my little angel playing joyfully or learning studiously.  Nope....not so much?  I guess that is too much to ask for.

I responded and thanked the director for informing me. After all, it was nice of her to take the time to write to me.  This was her response:

She’s such a sweetie, she’s just got a lot of fire, but that’s a good thing!

My thoughts: A good thing?  Really?  I used to think so, but today I am not so sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment