Friday, June 18, 2021

American Summer

Last weekend I took Tucker and Mason to the lake while Nathan enjoyed golfing with friends at the Stockham tournament.

The first night we met up with Aunt Kelly for dinner at the Station in Alma. Then she was able to join us for the golden hour on the deck, while Mason served as night guard for the hot pool.

Meanwhile, my cousin Tara and her two adorable children were traveling to Nebraska all the way from Zimbabwe. By Saturday we were all soaking up the sun lakeside. I was so happy that we were able to meet up and spend some quality time. Even though we do not see them often we can always pick right back up where we left off.


Tara asked, "Is this not the stereotypical American Summer?" Old Glory flying high over backyard sprinklers, while kids shriek with joy. 


After a day of some serious water play, I promised the boys we could have dinner on the deck at the marina. They had great fun feeding fries to the fish below. When it was time to leave Tucker said, "But we didn't see the ballerina!" It took me a bit but finally I realized when I said marina he heard ballerina!


On Sunday we all attended the Bose family picnic in Orleans. It is very neat to be a part of such a large and rich family history.


Sunday afternoon we beached it at Gremlin Cove. The kids had so much fun I had to pry them away at nearly 6PM!





We rolled by into Sutton around 9PM as a hot mess express.
Harlan County done sucked us in again.
We packed a ton of fun into a few short days, but man was it worth it! 

Oh and I even managed to paint the master bedroom at the cabin somewhere in between all that fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment