Thursday, June 24, 2021

Father's Day Fishing

We asked Papa John what he wanted to do for Father's Day and he wanted to spend time at the lake!

I believe his intent was to be able to spend time with my father too, but unfortunately my father's social schedule is rather extensive these days. 

Dad and Mom traveled to Northern Nebraska to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of some long-time friends.

After temps over 100 degrees during the week, the weather was perfect and we even got some much needed rain on Saturday night.



Mason thought we needed a firepit, so Papa John let us have an old tractor wheel. Beware, the next generation of McKenzie pyros has sparked.



Saturday morning we walked down the trail to North Cove and did a little fishing. The morning sun coming over the cove created some mystical lighting.










Saturday was hot but overcast which made for a perfect afternoon at the beach.



The boys made "tie" cards and were excited to assist Nathan with is gift of new tools.


Sunday afternoon our neighbors invited Nathan and Mason to go fishing on their boat and Mason ended up snagging 7 fish!



To quote my sister, Happy Father's Day to my hard working, fun loving, talented dad who has always loved is girls well.

And Happy Father's Day to the multiple father figures who love me and my children so very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment