Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter

Last Thursday I loaded up the TWO kids and headed west for Easter in Harlan County.  This was Mason's first road trip and overnight stay. Mason did great in the car slept most of the way. We did have to make one pit stop on a gravel road for Jentry but other than that the trip was uneventful. My parents enjoyed having some snuggle time with Mason and I enjoyed getting out of the house for a few days.

Papa had Mason in his arms every chance he could get.


However, I'm not sure he is cut out for reliable babysitting. Who is watching who?


Jentry had a great time at the Easter Egg Hunt in Republican City. I could not believe how many kids were there. In addition to the hunt, they had a bounce house, root beer floats, cookies and fire truck rides. Who knew Rep City would be the place to be?





After the hunt, Mason got to meet his Great Aunt Clotene and Uncle Craig.



The Easter Bunny left Jentry a basket in Grandma and Papa's yard. Where could it be?





Saturday evening we celebrated my niece Anna's 4th Birthday. She chose a Frozen theme and the kids had fun singing "Let It Go" in unison. So cute!




Papa had fun putting Mason in the big egg. 



On Sunday, we all enjoyed a fabulous Easter meal at my parents' house. The weather was beautiful and time with family is always a blessing. My Great Aunt Marg was eager to hold the baby. She is 90 years old and seems to never age at all. She is just as I remember her when I was a child.  


Easter weekend is always one of my favorite times of the year, but this year seemed extra special. My sister gave Jentry Resurrection Eggs and she had so much fun opening each egg and finding the surprise hidden inside. Each egg had a symbol of Jesus' journey to the cross. It was so neat to read the Easter story with her and listen to her heart open with each question she asked.

"He is not here, for he has risen, (just) as he said." Matthew 28:6

No comments:

Post a Comment