Friday, February 14, 2014

My Mother

Today I would like to send a very special Valentine to my very special Valentine mother.  She celebrates 60 years of fabulousness today!

I did not know my mother as a small child in the 50s.  I did not know her in her adolescent years or when she married my father in 1975.



I did however know her in my childhood and she was one of the dankest 80s mothers of all time!




As the years past, I got to know her more and more everyday. She has always been loving and supportive of her family. She is quite selfless and doesn't require much attention of her own. She was a wonderful mother that went out of her way to teach me right from wrong as a child. However, we didn't always see eye to eye. For example, she was never the type to plan a big, fancy birthday party for me. Heck, I was lucky if my birthday present was even wrapped.

She can always see the positive in every situation and never lets life worry her too much. When my life was ending in high school after my first big heartbreak, I thought her Pollyanna attitude was super annoying, however looking back she was setting an amazing example for me. She is also on an entirely different level of organization. I admit I may be on the OCD end of the spectrum, but she lives in a world I will never understand.

As I have grown into adulthood and become a mother myself, my mother has grown into the best grandmother. Watching her now makes me appreciate that she never spoiled me with crazy, over the top, birthday parties or agreed with me that my life was over because of a boy. I have also learned to appreciate that her grandkids love going to grandma's because they can make a huge mess and never have to clean it up. OK, so maybe I haven't gotten to the point were I can fully appreciate that one yet but like every other flaw I used to see in my mother, I haven't a doubt that in time I will continue to learn from her every example.


























  Happy 60th Birthday, mom!


We love you more and more everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment