Friday, September 27, 2013

Traveling on Two

Over the last two weeks Jentry has been diligently working on riding her bike without the extra wheels.  She has been talking about it all summer and finally decided she was ready to gave it her all.  It didn't take her long to master the sport.

First she practiced with her dad last a couple of weeks ago.  My aunt and uncle have a cabin next to Joey's house and Uncle Craig said he had a great time watching her learn.  He laughed that Joey was completely out of breath from running beside her by the time she got it.

Then she gave it another go this week with me.  I was totally surprised at how little help she actually needed.  She was truly doing it all on her own!  What a proud parent moment.  I couldn't help but be slightly emotional.  The past few months have involved some major milestone moments and I'm not sure I can handle much more.


That night we celebrated and sent a video of her riding to everyone we know (almost).  The very next day she came home from school, dropped her book bag and asked, "Can I ride my bike over to the neighbor's house to play?"  Ugh...and it begins.  Bye bye baby girl.  Sniff sniff.  Please be careful.  Thank goodness I am going to have a new baby to cuddle soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment