Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Bachelorette

I celebrated the last days of my bachelorette lifestyle this weekend in Lincoln with wonderful friends and family.  This really seems quite silly to me because, I haven't felt like a bachelorette in years.  Well, approximately fives years to be exact because of the whole being a mother and all.

The weekend began with an adventure on the back roads of central Nebraska.  I dropped Jentry off with her dad in Heartwell and thought I would live a little on the wild side.  I risked it on some uncharted territory north to the interstate.  After listening to my phone give me some wild directions, a few winding dirt roads, and a brief stop on the side of the road to... actually I will spare you the details.... I eventually ended up at the Gibbon interchange of I80.  Whew!  It was exhilarating to feel reckless and free for a while, however it sure felt good to get back to some familiar sights. 

When I arrived in Lincoln, I met Nathan's mother and she took me out to a wonderful dinner at Shogun.  We had a great time eating sushi and drinking wine.  Saturday morning, I met up with two of my besties for brunch and did a little shopping.  For lunch I met my mom and sister and we did a little more shopping.  So far, this weekend was everything a girl could ask for in life.

Saturday afternoon, my sister, mother, bridesmaids and soon to be mother-in-law hosted a fabulous bridal shower.  It was so fun to see all my Lincoln friends and I was blessed with very generous gifts. 






After the shower, we all moved to The Green Gateau for outstanding cuisine and girl talk.  After many laughs, reminiscing and some roasting at my expense, we walked around the block to The Alley for a night cap.  There was a very fun band playing called Red Delicious.  It has been a while, but I have to admit that it felt good to dance the night away. 










It was the perfect weekend and I so enjoyed the time with everyone, however I was very happy to be able to come home to my fiance and baby girl.  A very small part of me was sad to think that the "single" portion of my life was over, however I am very thankful to have my daughter and soon to be husband in my life.  The bachelorette days were great days, but I would much rather share my days with those that I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment