Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Outstanding October

I don't think I could have planned a better weekend to wrap up October.  Family, friends, football, leaves, costumes, bonfires, candy, gifts and amazing food.

The minute we arrived in Orleans, Grandma, as usual, put the big kiddos to work raking leaves.


By the looks on their faces I don't think they found this to be hard work.

Isaac and Jentry were both big helpers with Papa's chores.  They were gone for several hours and when they returned, they were covered from head to toe in hay.  Papa said there was nothing he could do, "This is simply the environment I have to work in."  I agree farming is messy, but did he have to let them roll around in it?  Geesh!

 
On Saturday evening, the kids put on their costumes and we headed to Stamford for the bonfire and costume contest. 

Jentry was more than excited to put on her Butterfly Princess dress.  I decided to surprise her with matching purple hair.  By the end of the night I think she was glad to have the hair out of her face.  Hopefully she learns to appreciate her natural, short hair just a little.

Because Isaac has been a Packers fan from the womb, he was thrilled to have his very own football jersey.  I think his dad may have been even more excited than Isaac.  It may be difficult to see, but he even had shoulder pads.  I think the boy might need to beef up a bit before he hits the field.

Anna was the most adorable cheerleader ever and Grandma even managed to dig up some old Orleans Oriole pom poms.  What a hoot! Go Pack Go!


Ready, set, CANDY!

When we arrived at the ball field in Stamford, they had two bonfires going and boy did the heat feel good.  It was rather chilly that night.  I think this mom was more worried about her kid staying warm than dressing warm enough herself.


The butterfly princess was mesmerized by the fire.

They lined up the kids for the costume contest and it was so fun to see all my old friends with their adorable spooks.  Jentry even won second place in her age group.  After they gave her some money and took her picture for the paper, I said, "Jentry you won!"  She replied, "I did?" 

On Sunday, my aunt Sonja and a five of my mother's friends hosted a bridal shower for me at my Aunt Sonja and Uncle Bob's beautiful new home on the lake.  We had a wonderful time and the food was amazing.  It was so fun to see everyone.


My aunt Sonja went out of her way to make my shower very special.  Maybe it is just me, however I think we definitely look like family. 

My mother, sister and soon to be mother-in-law where all able to attend the shower.  I felt very lucky to have so many friends and family take the time to come help me celebrate. 

October has always been one of my favorite months.  It is such a fun time of year for many reasons. 
1.  I love the colors of fall
2.  My one and only was born on October 6th
3.  Harvest and all its blessings
4.  Football is going strong
5.  Carmel apples
6.  Pumpkin carving
7.  Halloween and the excitement it brings to the kids in town
8.  My grandpa and grandma Bose were married on October 28th and I could not think of a better way to celebrate their anniversary than having my very own bridal shower.

Here's to an outstanding October and may November be just as wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment