Monday, October 3, 2011

Sweet Anna Jean

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of spending 13 hours with my adorable niece Anna.  Chad and Kelly drove to Kansas City to take Isaac to his very first NFL football game.  Isaac was bursting with excitement, however Anna, not being a football fanatic herself, graciously opted to stay with her favorite Aunt JJ.  So when Kelly asked me if I would take her for the day, I of course said YES!  Jentry was with her dad for the weekend and Nathan was on a fishing trip with guys, so in reality Anna was really watching me.  It was so fun to have a little one-on-one time with her.  How quickly I forgot what it was like to have a one-year-old in my house.

Anna arrived at 7:00 am.  We spent the first hour in our jammies and she was nice enough to play quietly while I finished reading the Sunday paper and sipped my cup of coffee.  Jentry usually does not let me have such a relaxing Sunday morning.  I don't think Jentry would have been too happy about sharing all of her toys either.

Next was bath time.  Anna's parents never give the poor kid bath, so I decided to give her a good scrubbin'.  OK so not really, they just didn't have time the night before.


Then it was time to get dressed and ready for church.  I decided to take Anna to the nursery as she is somewhat of a busy body now.  I was worried about her being scared when I left, but she was already busy playing with the toys and said, "peace out, Aunt JJ." 

Anna is squatting in this picture because I was squatting to take the picture.  Monkey see, monkey do.

After church and a quick lunch, it was time for a nap.  She did throw her binky out of the pack-n-play once, in protest, but soon quieted and slept for almost 3 hours.  I don't remember Jentry ever napping that long!

Ah, so sweet when sleeping.

After her nap, we went outside and she quickly spotted the swing.  She was very good at saying weeeeee.  She continued to say it the entire time.  So cute!


Next we took the "baby" for a stroll.



After all that heavy pushing, she decided she needed a snack. 


Then we loaded up in the car and went shopping for groceries.  Anna sat very nicely in the cart the entire time.  I am absolutely certain Jentry has not, nor will ever do this.  OK so maybe when she is 25 I will attempt to bring her along to the store again....maybe.

After putting away all of our purchases, I got out the bigger stroller and took Anna for a longer walk.  I was tired of going up and down the small section of sidewalk.  We enjoyed a beautiful fall evening in the quiet little neighborhood.  We even got to see some, "puppies, puppies, puppies."  This made Anna light up.


Lastly, I put Anna back in her jammies and let her pick out a few books to read.  She loved reading the books and could identify with a lot more pictures than I had expected.  After reading the last book, Anna crawled down from my lap with her blankie and binky.  She walked straight to the front door, looked back at me, waved her tiny, little hand and said "bye bye."  I would like to think that she had great day with Aunt JJ but was really happy to go back home too. 

Sweet Anna Jean
I just love her!  And her Cabbage Patch teeth too!

No comments:

Post a Comment