Friday, September 23, 2011

Sunken Gardens

I took Jentry to the Sunken Gardens for the first time this week.  The Sunken Gardens is 1.5 acres located in the middle of Lincoln and features an annual floral display that consists of over 30,000 individual annual plants which are redesigned to a different theme each year.  The theme for 2011 is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." 

In my mind I thought Jentry and I would take a peaceful, evening stroll through the flowers and I would capture beautiful pictures of my little angel with a colorful backdrop.  In reality, Jentry spent most of her time running away from me like a crazy person, hiding in the foliage and throwing rocks!  I guess it was a little silly of me to think a three-year-old would pose elegantly in front of the flowers while her perfectionist mother took a gazillion photos of her.  However, I was able to snap a few shots that somewhat salvaged my idealistic view of our evening adventure.



See my gum!



Who needs walking paths?


Where is that little girl's mother? She is going to fall!



Hurry up mom!


Where is that lady's (statue's) clothes?



1 comment:

  1. You got some really great pictures despite everything. I love the look she has on her face when she's looking at the statue! So cute!! I've lived in Lincoln a long time and I've still never been to the Sunken Gardens. Maybe I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete